Jump to Navigation

Child Protective Services

Juvenile Court Child Protective Services (CPS) Cases Attorney

Generally under the Welfare and Institutions Code for the protection of Minors from general neglect, physical abuse, or sexual abuse, a Petition is filed by the Riverside County Department of Social Services and Child Protective Services (CPS). A social worker is appointed for investigation and generating of reports for the Juvenile Court. The minor is often detained by the Juvenile Court and Riverside County Department of Social Services.

Child protective services (CPS), department of social services and Riverside County Counsel all work together to determine if child neglect or child abuse is occurring or has occurred. Under the welfare and institution (WIC) all of these entities work together for the protection of minor children. If your child has been determined by any of these entities (CPS or WIC) to be such a victim, a Petition to determine whether jurisdiction and detention of your minor child is appropriate. Contested Jurisdictional hearings are often the norm. Placement to a foster parent or relative of the minor often is found to be appropriate during the juvenile dependency hearings.

In extreme cases the court may sever parental rights and place the minor/s up for adoption. Guardianships, or DeFacto Parent Status may also be determined to be appropriate.

Grandparents may be determined that they should have guardianship over the minor or DeFacto parent status. A permanent plan to place the minor/s with the grandparent/s.

Under the California Family Law Act, if you are a Grandparent you have rights. Often we refer to this as "Grandparents Rights". It will be necessary to establish a loving and bonding relationship between the grandparents and grandchildren to establish these rights, with a history of a loving caring and bonding relationship between the grandparents and children. If this is the case, the courts may find it in the best interest of the children to allow the grandparent/s to be joined in a contested family law custody and visitation case, and award "Grandparents rights" by establishing a custody and visitation schedule between the grandchildren and grandparents.Call us at the moment you learn of such CPS involvement. Don’t leave your case in the hands of court appointed attorneys.

Click here to learn more about CPS Defense!

Attorney Richard K. Isles provides aggressive representation in CPS cases. He is respected in the court and his vast experience is vital in complex CPS matters.

Our Child Protective Services Law firm is conveniently located two blocks from the Riverside Juvenile Courts where CPS cases are heard.

How Can We Help?

NOTE: Labels in bold are required.

Contact Information
  1. disclaimer.



"Richard and his staff were great at representing me in my upcoming divorce"

"Perry Mason would not have done a better job"

"Richard Isles is worth his weight in gold"

Please click here to
Do you need representation? Call 951-643-8541 or 888-513-5924 Visit Our Family Law Blog

Office Locations

Law Offices of Richard K. Isles

Riverside Location
10367 Hole Avenue
Riverside, CA 92505
Phone: 951-643-8541
Toll Free: 888-513-5924
E-mail | Map/direction

Corona Location
1101 California Avenue
Suite 207
Corona, CA 92881
Phone: 951-352-8700
E-mail | Map/direction

Additional offices located at:

Temecula Location
43533 Ridge Park Drive, Suite J
Temecula, CA 92590
Phone: 951-468-8907
Toll Free: 888-513-5924
E-mail | Map/direction